Women’s March SLO 2021 – Power Up Democracy
January 23 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Power Up Democracy virtual rally will be streamed on Facebook Live and YouTube on January 23, starting at 10:30am PST. Join us from anywhere! We recommend to RSVP so you can stay informed about any changes and updates.
On January 23, we will come together safely to celebrate the outcome of our work and the hard won victories – including inauguration of Kamala Harris as the first ever woman Vice President of the United States, a record number of women elected to the US Congress, and a diverse new administration.
Democracy only works if we do. We recognize the work ahead for social, racial and environmental justice, and pledge to continue building a positive and just future for all! There can only be true democracy when all voices are heard and when all people are able to participate. In 2021, let’s Power Up Democracy!
Invited Speakers (listed in alphabetical order)
- Andrea Chmelik, Women’s March SLO Founding Member
- Courtney Haile, R.A.C.E. Matters SLO County Founder
- Hannah-Beth Jackson, CA State Senator (Ret.)
- Eleni Kounalakis, CA Lieutenant Governor
- Connie M. Leyva, CA State Senator
- Monique Limón, CA State Senator
- Patricia Solorio, Activist and Associate Director for the Fund for Santa Barbara
- Betty Yee, CA State Controller
- Niya Williams, Black Student Union at PRHS Founder
Artists & Performers
Sign Language Interpreter
- Katie Voice
- Shelley Lawrence