Time Until We March
Jan. 19, 2019
8:00AM – 12:00PM
Call to Action Alley
9:00AM – Rally
10:00AM – March
11:00AM – Music
Mitchell Park, San Luis Obispo
Truth to Power
“When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her.” Adrienne Rich
WHY WE MARCH
On January 19, 2019, we will march along with millions of women and allies in our continuous fight for women’s rights, human rights, social and environmental justice, and for a positive and just future for all people.
For far too long our truth didn’t matter. We won’t be silenced, shamed, ignored or erased any longer. We march to speak truth to power, and to create space where speaking the truth is possible. In 2017 we started with the largest single day demonstration our nation has ever seen, in 2019 we bring our #TruthToPower and commit to the long-term success of our movement.
This event is free – but please RSVP HERE so we can plan accordingly!
WMSLO is a volunteer run organization. We do not receive any funding from Women’s March National (DC Chapter). We rely solely on donations from our community to help us cover the many costs associated with a mass rally and march, and to ensure it is safe and accessible to everyone in our community. Please donate here.
We need close to 100 volunteers to run this event successfully – please sign up to volunteer here.
Please help us by making a donation!
Would you like to help us make the “Truth to Power” march a huge success? We need volunteers to help make this historic event possible.
– Click the Badge icon Above to Register –
Women’s March SLO welcomes any person, regardless of gender or gender identity, who believes women’s rights are human rights. All people who believe in a positive and just future are invited to join as we speak truth to those in power and create the change we want to see.
SHOULD I RSVP?
Yes. Please RSVP so we can plan accordingly for things like bathrooms, chairs for those that need them, water, volunteers, march length and more.
WHAT TO BRING?
Signage, friends, your own reusable water bottle, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, raincoat – depending on weather.
WILL THE MARCH BE ACCESSIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES?
We are fortunate to have Katie Voice (back again this year) for sign language interpretation. Mitchell Park is ADA accessible, and we will have a limited number of chairs for those that need them. Please make sure to check the weather and plan for your needs. Let us know if there’s something we’ve missed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN I DONATE?
– Please make a donation here: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MzI2MDM=
– Please send checks (made out to Social Good Fund with Women’s March SLO in the memo line) to Women’s March SLO c/o SocialGoodFund, POB 5473, Richmond, CA 94805
– This event is free to attend but costs close to $30,000 to produce. Most of this costs goes to safety personnel, permitting, insurance and road closures.
– WMSLO is a volunteer run organization. WMSLO does not receive any funding from Women’s March National (DC Chapter).
– We rely solely on donations from our community to cover the many costs associated with a mass rally and march, and to ensure it is safe and accessible to everyone in our community.
Women’s March SLO is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 under SocialGoodFund. Donations are 100% tax deductible. The EIN is 46-1323531
CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Yes! Please sign up here: http://signup.com/go/DCdjAwM
IS THIS A PROTEST?
This is a pro-peace, pro-inclusivity march. We respectfully ask that targeting of any one group or person not happen at this event. This does not mean we don’t acknowledge these feelings and points of view, but this is not the focus of this particular march.
WHAT ARE THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES AND MISSION OF WMSLO?
HOW DO I GET UPDATES OR GET IN TOUCH?
* Truth to Power Logo created by April Elliott (Studio805Design)
With Your Support...We Can. We Have. We Will.