March 8th, International Women’s Day, is the “Day Without a Woman.” Women have considerable economic power and social reach. Let’s use March 8th, International Women’s Day, to create the positive and just future that we want.
Women’s March San Luis Obispo is a Pro-peace, Pro-inclusion movement affirming that there is no true peace without equity for all. We take action to create a positive and just future!
Within unity there is diversity. We honor women, male allies, and gender non-identifiers who strike, as well as those who don’t. We offer this A Day Without A Woman Action List so that together we create the positive and just future we want.
Email us your actions to post and share.
1) PLAN – Between NOW and March 8th:
- Continue, join, or create a Huddle (click here) to plan your March 8th action
- Focus on the positive and just future you want
- Ask yourself which businesses:
– support our communities/drain our communities?
– strive for gender equity/perpetuate oppression?
– align with a sustainable environment/profit from destruction?
- Plan to
– Join our Day Without A Woman March
– Take a moment of silence
– Volunteer – Click Call To Action Alley to find local organizations
– Attend a local event – Event Calendar
– Invest in businesses and organizations who support a positive and just future – Click Call To Action Alley to find local organizations
– Divest from businesses and organizations who work against a positive and just future – Click GrabYourWallet, DefundDAPL and Strike4Democracy.
– Email us your event so we can post and share
2) ACT – On March 8th:
a) Follow through with your ACTION for a positive and just future
b) Share your ACTION on social media #DayWithoutAWoman #WMSLO #WomensMarch
Prepare, educate others, and focus on the positive, just future we are creating. Come together on March 8th in strength and unity.
HEAR OUR VOICE!